We have a mission to assist the growing number of area school districts throughout west Michigan who are attempting to educate students with an Autism Spectrum Disorder in the least restrictive environment. We are devoted to helping both public and private schools successfully produce positive and socially valid outcomes for all students in a collaborative manner.
Our Behavior Analysts perform various functions as they seek to provide effective solutions in the school system. Guided by the field of Applied Behavior Analysis, our activities include:
- Consultation to administrative, teaching, paraprofessional, mental health, and ancillary staff on designing and implementing evidence-based practices
Autism Consultation to support the progressive inclusion of students in the least restrictive environment
- Assessment of and recommendations for the general learning environment
- Assist school personnel in implementing recommendations to a high degree of fidelity by providing hands-on training and coaching using Behavioral Skills Training methods
- Direct observation and data collection/interpretation of student behavior
- Personnel Training and follow up on-site consultation for professionals, paraprofessionals, and ancillary staff.
- Review and analyze student performance (behavior and skill acquisition) data and provide guidance on ways to improve a student’s outcome
- Consultation to IEP team members in conducting functional behavior assessments and/or functional analyses
- Provide recommendations for building positive behavior support plans
- Consultation on curriculum and progress monitoring methods
- Provide education to parents if parent-training is indicated
Collaborate with the educational institution, parents, and students in solving problems that are education-related, participating in IEP meetings as requested